The cultivation, harvest, and processing of premium green tea leaves is undertaken in the traditional Japanese fashion in order to create a fresh, high-quality matcha. The green tea leaves destined for DōMatcha® are shade-grown. Only the youngest, finest top leaves are chosen. Immediately after harvesting, the leaves are carefully steamed to prevent the enzymes from oxidizing, and then placed in specially designed facilities at zero degrees to keep them fresh all year round. Before the leaves are stone-ground into matcha, all the rough fibers, such as stems and veins, are removed to prevent bitter flavour notes.
Once the leaves have been de-stemmed and de-veined, they are then ground between traditional granite stones. This labour-intensive process produces a fine, high quality matcha, as stone-grinding the leaves breaks down the fibers slowly and gently, rather than scorching the powder with friction. Powdered green tea that is produced outside of Japan is powdered using hot air pressure, which destroys the natural structure and overheats the green tea leaves.
DōMatcha is completely clean and additive-free. All our Matcha (organic and non-organic) is tested by an independent lab. We can guarantee no detectable residual chemicals from pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or radiation. In fact, once the tins arrive in our warehouse in Canada, they are tested again to ensure quality and safety.
- The first decaffeinated matcha on the market.
- Has the same miniscule amount of caffeine as decaf coffee, about 6 milligram per gram
- The perfect beverage for anyone caffeine-sensitive, or wishing to prepare matcha in the evening, while still enjoying the nutritional benefits of matcha.
- The proprietary decaffeination water extraction process is exclusive to DōMatcha®
- Meticulously produced from young, shade-grown green tea leaves, in the Kyoto region of Japan
- Ideal to enjoy as a traditional whisked matcha, or as a matcha latte.