The cultivation, harvest, and processing of premium green tea leaves is undertaken in the traditional Japanese fashion in order to create a fresh, high-quality matcha. The green tea leaves destined for DōMatcha® are shade-grown. Only the youngest, finest top leaves are chosen. Immediately after harvesting, the leaves are carefully steamed to prevent the enzymes from oxidizing, and then placed in specially designed facilities at zero degrees to keep them fresh all year round. Before the leaves are stone-ground into matcha, all the rough fibers, such as stems and veins, are removed to prevent bitter flavour notes.
Once the leaves have been de-stemmed and de-veined, they are then ground between traditional granite stones. This labour-intensive process produces a fine, high quality matcha, as stone-grinding the leaves breaks down the fibers slowly and gently, rather than scorching the powder with friction. Powdered green tea that is produced outside of Japan is powdered using hot air pressure, which destroys the natural structure and overheats the green tea leaves.
After putting so much care into producing an exceptional matcha, the packaging must ensure the matcha travels from the production facility to the customer in perfect condition. We enclose our precious matcha in a sealed foil bag, inside a sealed tin, with oxy-packets to protect the matcha and absorb any moisture. Since matcha loses, colour, flavour, and nutrients through oxidization, we suggest keeping opened matcha in the fridge, well away from heat, light, and moisture.
- The benefits of matcha, conveniently on the go
- Enjoy the same smooth tasting Ceremonial-quality matcha in easy to use, ‘On the Go’, travel-friendly packets
- Ideal to keep your calm and focus while travelling or road tripping
- Made from young, de-veined and de-stemmed shade-grown tencha tea leaves
- This matcha has a high nutritional value, including the unique properties of L-theanine and catechins, as well as a sweet, clean flavour
- Certified Kosher
- You can prepare the matcha traditionally at a remote set-up, or simply empty the packet straight into your water bottle and shake vigorously.