Formulated to meet the needs of adults aged 55 and over, Udo’s Choice® Super Advanced Adult Probiotic contains a much higher percentage of Bifidobacteriaper serving than our adult formula in order to meet the specific digestive needs of seniors.
This blend provides 20 billion live micro-organisms per capsule at date of expiry. These live friendly bacteria colonize in your system, shoring up your natural microflora. This formula contains 7 probiotic strains, including 6 billion cfu (colony forming units) of Lactobacillus casei.
L. casei is a probiotic bacterial strain considered beneficial for the digestive process. It has a wide temperature and pH range, so that it can withstand the acidic environment of the gut. L. casei inhibits undesirable bacteria from adhering to the intestinal wall.
Why do we need probiotic supplements?
While most people assume they have a healthy intestinal tract, lifestyle and environmental factors can compromise the digestive system. This allows undesirable bacteria to take hold and cause problems. Such factors may include poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress, the use of antibiotics in food production and medical treatments, and a number of other factors, including health problems and simply aging, which can greatly reduce the number of friendly bacteria in the body.
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is out of balance, problems begin to arise such as poor absorption of nutrients and intestinal toxicity. This can result in gas, bloating, diarrhea and constipation, among other discomforts. If this imbalance is left untreated, the symptoms can become chronic and can compromise the immune system and lead to other serious health concerns.
NPN claim: Provides lives micro-organisms that form part of a natural healthy intestinal flora
- Each vegetarian capsule guarantees a minimum of 20 billion viable cells per capsule at date of expiry (a minimum of 34 billion at time of manufacture)
- Contains medicinal human strains of live probiotic bacteria that ensure better survival and colonization rates than transient strains
- Formulated with selective strains that survive the hydrochloric acid in the stomach, thus eliminating the need to use potentially allergenic enteric coatings
- Contains only pure, concentrated living probiotic bacteria, free of additives, yeast and Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- We guarantee billions of live friendly bacteria at the printed expiry date due to: special moisture and oxygen resistant capsules, independent (third-party) laboratory analysis for potency and purity, and careful packaging in recyclable, dark glass bottles and metal caps that do not allow air or light to affect the contents
|EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:|
|MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS:||COLONY FORMING UNITS (CFU)|
|Lactobacillus casei HA-108||6.0 billion|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111||4.0 billion|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122||2.0 billion|
|Lactobacillus plantarum HA-119||2.0 billion|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132||2.0 billion|
|Bifidobacterium breve HA-129||2.0 billion|
|Bifidobacterium longum HA-135||2.0 billion|
NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Ascorbic acid, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, potato starch and hypromellose
RECOMMENDED DOSE Adults: Take 1-3 capsules daily after meals or on a full stomach.
CAUTIONS: Keep bottle refrigerated. NOTE: This product is kept refrigerated at Natural Health Garden's warehouse until time of shipping. The few days in transit will not affect the product. Please refrigerate once delivered.
Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days.
Do not use if you are experiencing nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain.
Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment).
This product has come into contact with milk and soy lecithin. Do not use this product if you have milk or soy allergy.
Keep out of reach of children.