Bone support formula with a 2:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium
- Provides 680 mg of calcium and 340 mg of magnesium per daily dose
- Includes 280 IU of vitamin D per daily dose
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium
- Calcium and vitamin D may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise
Cal Mag + D provides calcium and magnesium to support bone health, with added vitamin D to improve calcium absorption and utilization. In a dietary analysis of 502 adults aged 50+ with a recent fracture, it was estimated that supplementation with 500 mg of calcium per day would allow the majority of participants to meet the recommended daily intake of 1000 mg of calcium. However, as nearly 90% of skeletal mass is accumulated by age 18, adolescence is a critical period for developing and maintaining peak bone mineral density. In a recent cohort study of 195 physically active children and adolescents, serum vitamin D levels were found to be a major determinant of overall bone mineral density, with an even greater impact on bone mineralization than physical activity. In addition, higher vitamin D status was associated with lower levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH), which plays a role in bone turnover.