Organic calcium and magnesium citrate minerals plus vitamins D and K
- 500 mg of calcium and 200 mg of magnesium per tablespoon dose
- With 1000 IU of vitamin D, 40 mcg of vitamin K1 and 60 mcg of vitamin K2
- Helps in the maintenance of bones, teeth, and proper muscle function
- Helps to prevent vitamin D deficiency
- Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
- Great-tasting natural vanilla flavour
Cal Mag Vanilla Liquid + helps to maintain bone health and muscle function using a combination of organic calcium and magnesium citrate minerals, plus vitamins D and K. Osteoporosis is the primary cause of bone fractures in postmenopausal women 50 years and older, with an estimated 80% of all fractures in this group being osteoporosis related. Regular physical activity helps to maintain bone mass during aging, as bone metabolism is stimulated by the mechanical stress generated from impacts. However, supplementation with calcium and vitamin D may support bone formation even when incorporated into a low-impact physical exercise program. In a randomized clinical trial, 64 healthy postmenopausal women received 500 mg of calcium and 1000 IU of vitamin D daily while undergoing 6 months of low-impact aquatic exercise. At the end of the study period, there was a 15.8% increase in bone formation biomarker P1NP (precollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide) compared to baseline measurements. P1NP has been identified as a clinically relevant osteoporosis risk biomarker by the Bone Marker Standards Working Group. Vitamin K helps to maintain bone health, partly via the activation of gamma-carboxyglutamic acid (GLA) proteins involved in skeletal mineralization, such as matrix Gla protein (MGP) and osteocalcin. Low vitamin K status may impair the function of Gla proteins involved in regulation of bone mineralization.