- Probiotic that contributes to a natural healthy gut flora
- Helps support gastrointestinal health
- Provides 22 billion CFU per daily dose from: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60), Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
- Includes 1760 mg of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) per daily dose
- Genestra HMF probiotics (despite having keep refrigerated on box) maintain a high degree of stability at 25C for up to 20 days.
HMF Powder is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that promotes intestinal health in adults and children. The intestinal microbiota, which contains more than 400 bacterial species, can be altered by antibiotic use, aging, and premature or caesarean births.
The intestines are critical barriers that selectively allow absorption or promote the excretion of dangerous compounds, and their function depends on a healthy bacterial balance.
The most commonly used probiotics are Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, which are safe for both adults and children. They effectively colonize the intestines; however, once their ingestion ends, their counts decrease or disappear.
Probiotics promote the presence of beneficial bacteria by competing with pathogens for colonization of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition to decreasing the survival of pathogenic bacteria by reducing the pH, probiotics reinforce the epithelial barrier. They control permeability by mediating tight junction integrity, and prevent pathogenic adherence to epithelial cells by increasing mucin release on intestinal surfaces. Symbiotic products support the growth of bacteria already living in the colon, and enhance the growth and survival of supplemented probiotic strains.