The vitamin C in Health Force Acerola Cherry Powder comes from whole-food acerola cherry extract. Acerola is a tart cherry native to South America, southern Mexico, and Central America, but is now also being grown as far north as Texas and in other subtropical areas such as India. Acerola cherries are known to be low in calories, while being exceptionally rich in vitamin C. In fact, each single acerola cherry has 65 times more vitamin C than an orange. Eating as few as 2-3 cherries is sufficient to fulfill daily vitamin C requirements. Acerola cherries are also high in B vitamins, carotenoids and bioflavonoids, and alkalizing minerals specifically magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and calcium.
Most importantly, all the vitamin C in acerola cherries is richly complex with all the necessary cofactors to produce functional vitamin activity in our body without any unpleasant side effects. Truly Natural Vitamin C does NOT produce any nutrient imbalances in our body. It is easily absorbable, does not produce yellow urine, and is naturally buffered with alkalinizing minerals present in the micronutrient-rich acerola food matrix. Food sources of the entire vitamin C complex are the only way to get nutrition as nature intended.
Vitamin C has a number of important functions in our body:
- Essential for the production of adrenal steroid hormones. Our bodys highest levels of vitamin C are found in our adrenal glands and brain tissues.
- Required for the synthesis of collagen, the main component of connective tissue, and the most abundant protein in mammals. Collagen is an important structural component of skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bone, blood vessels, teeth, gums, heart valves, cornea, capillaries, intervertebral discs, and the GI tract.
- Plays an important role in the synthesis of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter known to affect mood.
- Required for the synthesis of carnitine essential for the efficient burning of fat for energy in our bodys cells.
- Plays an important role in immune system function, particularly in enhancing white blood cell activity.
- The major water-soluble antioxidant in our body, protecting important molecules such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, DNA, and RNA from damage by free radicals.
- Has the ability to regenerate other spent antioxidants (e.g., vitamin E, glutathione) back into their active forms.
Vitamin C Deficiency
Vitamin C deficiency results in the potentially fatal disease known as scurvy. Initial symptoms of scurvy appear as general fatigue, probably resulting from diminished levels of carnitine and/or norepinephrine. More advanced symptoms of the disease include bruising easily, slow wound healing, hair and tooth loss, gingivitis, joint pain and swelling, and bleeding from mucous membranes. These symptoms are clearly related to the weakening of blood vessels, connective tissue, and bone, all of which contain collagen. Scurvy is now rare in modern countries because overt symptoms can be prevented by as little as 10 mg of FOOD-BASED vitamin C daily.
The HealthForce Edge
Vitamin C is more easily destroyed by heat, light, and oxygen than any of the other vitamins. A sliced cantaloupe left uncovered in the refrigerator, for example, loses 35% of its vitamin C content in less than 24 hours. Foods that contain vitamin C should be consumed as soon as possible after slicing or peeling so as to get as much benefit from these foods as possible. Much care is taken with our Acerola Cherry Powder to ensure both overall quality and potency of the end product:
- Dried at low temperatures to ensure an enzymatically active, vitamin C-rich product.
- EcoFresh Nutrient Lock. Our dark glass with unique metal lid and oxygen absorber protects 100% of nutrients (creates a vacuum). Glass is recycled/recyclable, does not outgas, and is non-toxic to melt down.
- Energenesis Energetic Enhancements: Homeopathic, Magnetic & Vibrational+
How to Consume: Mix Acerola Cherry Powder – Pure vitamin C with water, fresh juices, smoothies, Vegan milks, Green superfood powders, or any other food to significantly boost bioavailable vitamin C content.