Taurine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the body. It is found in the central nervous system and skeletal muscle, and is very concentrated within the brain and heart. Taurine is synthesized from the amino acids methionine and cysteine, in conjunction with Vitamin B6. Vegetarians with an unbalanced protein intake, and therefore deficient in methionine or cysteine, may have difficulty manufacturing taurine, since it is not found in vegetable protein. Women are more apt to be deficient in taurine since the female hormone estradiol depresses the formation of taurine in the liver.
- Lowers cholesterol
- Alleviates atherosclerosis, heart disorders, hypertension, edema and hypoglycemia
- Reduces anxiety and hyperactivity
- Can help with poor brain function, epilepsy and seizures
- Can support the nervous system
- 100% Pure Pharmaceutical Grade
- Free Form, Fermented Amino Acid