Nutiva's certified organic hemp seeds are grown without any chemical pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers. Are Nutiva hemp seeds raw? Yes!
Because Nutiva cannot legally grow hemp in the United States, they must reply on Canadian farmers to produce the hemp crops. Nutiva's hemp products are cold-processed (under 104°F) from raw, live hemp seeds. Nutiva utilizes a mechanical process to remove the hard shells, yielding our delicious organic shelled hemp seeds.
- oxygen removed
These steps ensure freshness and help protect the delicate Omega-3 fatty acids. It's part of Nutiva's commitment to "Nourishing People and Planet."
Shelled hemp seeds (or hempnuts) taste similar to sesame or sunflower seeds and can be added to almost any recipe. Enjoy daily by adding to smoothies, cereal, omelettes, yogurt, soups, salads, and veggies.
- High level of antioxidant tocopherols (important in the stabilization of cell membranes)
- 33% protein, rich in vitamin E, Omega-3 and GLA
- Adequate levels of the vitamins: thiamine, B1 and riboflavin B2
- Contain significant amounts of minerals: phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, manganese, zinc and copper
- Promotes weight loss due to consumption of essential fats, vitamins and proteins
- Increased and sustained energy
- Lowered cholesterol and blood pressure
- Reduced inflammation
- Improvement in circulation and immune system
- Natural blood sugar control
Ingredients: 100% raw certified-organic shelled hemp seeds.
Storage: It is best to keep our seeds refrigerated and air tight. If you purchase a bulk 5-pound bag, consider adding a pound to a container for daily use, and seal up the 5-pound bag and place it in the freezer. This will help protect the seed quality.
This item is a non-taxable food item.