Cacao was once so revered by the Mayans and the Aztecs that it was used as currency. Obtained from the whole cacao bean, cacao paste is the dense concentrate material that is made when the cacao beans are pressed at low temperatures. This rich, thick chocolate paste is a decadent must for all chocolate aficionados.
There are no chemicals or solvents used in the process. Organic Traditions artisanal Cacao paste is Certifed Organic, gluten-free and kosher. With its rich aroma and intense taste it is the ideal, decadent chocolate treat and culinary addition to any recipe.
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• A source of Fiber, Calcium and Iron
• Contains essential minerals and a host of antioxidants
• A rich 100% dark chocolate concentrate
• Great for making chocolate bars and drinks
• No added Flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients. Compounds Chromium Magnesium Pantothenic Acid (B5) Thiamine Flavonoids Caffeic Acid Catechins (e.g., (−)-epicatechin, (+)-catechin, (+)-gallocatechin, and (−)-epigallocatechin) Anthocyanins (e.g., cyanidin-3-(alpha)a-L-arabinoside and cyanidin-3- (beta)b-D-galactoside), and proanthocyanidins (e.g., flavan-3,4-diols) Ferulic Acid P-Coumeric Acid Phospholipids Tryptophan Phenylethylamine Anandamide.
Eat Organic Traditions Cacao paste as is for a truly 100% dark chocolate experience.
Add 1-3 teaspoons of Organic Traditions Cacao paste to smoothies, cacao drinks, raw superfood desserts and all other chocolate treats.
Make your own artisanal chocolate bars using other Organic Traditions superfoods such as Maca X-6, Goji berries, Aronia berries, Maqui powder and Vanilla powder. Combine Organic Traditions Cacao powder, Cacao butter and Cacao paste at roughly equal ratios to achieve the desired consistency and thickness and slowly melt under low temperatures.
Add any Organic Traditions superfoods of your choice and an Organic Traditions sweetener such as Organic Traditions Yacon Syrup or Coconut Palm Sugar, spices and pink Himalayan salt. Place into a mold or an ice cube tray and refrigerate until solid.
Certified Organic Cacao Paste (Theobroma Cacao).