Chlorella is a fresh water green microalgae. It is a source of Vitamins A, C, B12, Iron, Magnesium and Zinc as well as a host of antioxidants. Chlorella is a source of high quality, easily digested vegetarian protein. Its vibrant green color is due to the concentration of chlorophyll found in the algae. Besides its incredible nutritional profile, it has been traditionally used to promote alkalinity and detoxification. Chlorella possesses a tough outer cell membrane.
In order to ensure optimal digestibility, bioavailability and absorption of Chlorella’s incredible nutrition, the cell wall must be broken. Organic Traditions’ proprietary Low Pressure Expansion Technology (LPET) breaks the cell wall within 3 seconds with a low temperature, high pressure process in order to maintain the integrity of Chlorella’s delicate nutrients. Digestibility and absorption are increased up to 80% compared to traditionally processed Chlorella. Organic Traditions offers the cleanest, safest, third party tested Chlorella in the industry. Each batch undergoes rigorous testing in order to ensure that our Chlorella is free of heavy metals, pesticides and other contaminants.
Organic Traditions Chlorella is cultivated in a clean environment using pure mountain spring water and sufficient natural sunlight in order to increase the naturally occurring Chlorella Growth Factor and chlorophyll that depend on sunlight. Fresh spring water enhances uptake of minerals in order to ensure the great nutrition that Chlorella is known for. Organic Traditions Chlorella is a Certified Organic, raw and kosher broken cell wall powder with no fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers or excipients.
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free. Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• Proprietary low pressure cell wall breakage means optimal nutritional benefits and increased digestibility
• Digestibility and absorption are increased up to 80%
• The cleanest Chlorella in the industry backed by laboratory testing • An excellent source of Vitamins A, C, B12 and Iron
• A source of Magnesium and Zinc
• No added Flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients. Compounds 60% protein, 19 amino acids (8 essential) (5 grams / 1 tsp.) Highest source of RNA/DNA Nucleic Acids Fibre, Choline, Inositol, Iron Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, B12, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Folic Acid Selenium, Zinc, Chromium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus Sterols Unique Polysaccharides Chlorella Growth Factor.
Start with ½ -1 tsp. of Chlorella powder and build gradually. For some, Chlorella can be very detoxifying and so one should start slowly. To enjoy the benefits of Chlorella one can consume 1-4 teaspoons daily. Add Chlorella to water, smoothies, yogurt or on top of berries and make delicious and nourishing raw food desserts, power snacks and truffles.
For vegans and vegetarians, for detoxification strategies and for those with specific health goals in mind, one can consume higher amounts of Chlorella tailored to one’s particular health program. As there are no binders or excipients added, contents may settle so stir while drinking if mixing it with water or juice.
The naturally strong green algae taste of Chlorella may be initially difficult for some people when consumed straight in water, especially for those new to green superfoods, add 1 teaspoon of Yacon Gold Syrup or Coconut Palm sugar for a hint of sweetness. Add 1-2 teaspoons of Organic Traditions Chlorella powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant-rich smoothie.
Certified Organic Chlorella Powder (Chlorella Vulgaris).