Made with DHA sourced from unrefined algae, not fish, Udo’s Oil™ Omega 3+6+9 Blend +DHA offers you vitally important omega-3 fatty acids made from completely sustainable plant sources. A renewable resource, cultivated tank-grown algae has no detrimental impact on worldwide fisheries. We get our DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) the same way fish get theirs—directly from algae. Because it’s tank grown-algal sourced, this DHA product is free from ocean-borne contaminants.
DHA supports the proper functioning of our brains as adults, and supports the normal physical development of the brain, eyes and nerves, primarily in children under two years of age. One serving of Udo’s DHA Oil Blend provides 100 milligrams of DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
Udo’s Oil™ Omega 3+6+9 +DHA Blend combines DHA-rich algae with a special formulation of natural, unrefined oils from fresh organic flax, sunflower, sesame and evening primrose seeds as well as oils from coconut and rice bran. DHA is one of the most important long-chain fatty acids in the omega-3 family: the majority of the fatty acids found in the brain and in the retina are in the form of DHA. The body can convert DHA to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid that is a precursor to the production of prostaglandins which help promote good health.
- Source of omega-3 and omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids in 2 to 1 ratio
- Contains algal-sourced DHA, a vegetarian, sustainable alternative to fish oils
- Supports the brain, eyes and nerves
- One serving of Udo’s Oil™ Omega 3+6+9 Blend +DHA provides 100 mg of DHA
- 100 mg of DHA is 33% of the Adequate Intake (AI) of DHA for pregnant/nursing women and 45% of the AI of DHA for general adult population as recommended by ISSFAL (International Society for the Study of Fats and Lipids)
- This blend contains organic unrefined seed oils from flax, sunflower, sesame and evening primrose along with organic coconut, rice bran, and oat bran oils, organic soy lecithin and non-GMO mixed tocopherols
- Freshly-pressed, organic and unrefined
- Expeller-pressed in a low heat, light and oxygen-free environment and thoughtfully packaged in brown glass, nitrogen-flushed and stored in a box for further protection
- All the ingredients in Udo’s Oil™ Omega 3+6+9 +DHA Blend pass rigorous quality control testing and are produced under Good Manufacturing Practices
- Formulated by Udo Erasmus, author of Fats that Heal Fats that Kill
- Kept refrigerated in storage and ice-packed for transit to maintain the stability of the heat-sensitive Essential Fatty Acids
- Use in salads, salad dressings, smoothies, casseroles, dips, on all your favourite meals once cooking is complete
- Do not cook with Udo’s Oil™ Omega 3+6+9 Blend +DHA as direct heat will diminish the healthful properties of the Essential Fatty Acids
INGREDIENTS: Organic flaxseed oil, organic sunflower seed oil, organic sesame seed oil, organic evening primrose seed oil1, algal oil (Schizochytrium sp.2), organic coconut oil, organic rice bran oil, organic soy lecithin, rosemary extract*, high oleic sunflower oil, tocopherols*, ascorbyl palmitate*, organic oat bran oil. * as an antioxidant. Verified by QAI. 1 provides 40 mg of GLA per tablespoon. 2 provides 100 mg of DHA and 3 mg of EPA per tablespoon.
SUGGESTED USE: Consume one tablespoon 1–3 times daily with meals. The cloudy layer and globules in the oil are unique to this blend. Shake bottle gentlybefore each use. To maximize stability, nutritional value and freshness, Flora developed its own state-of-the-art process to mechanically press seed oils in a low-heat, light-free and oxygen-free environment.This unique Flora blend also contains unrefined, algae oil extracted without hexane for its DHA and EPA content.
For optimal freshness, KEEP REFRIGERATED. Do not heat or use for frying. Once opened, consume within 8 weeks. Can be frozen to prolong shelf life. NOTE: This product is kept refrigerated at Natural Health Garden's warehouse until time of shipping. The few days in transit will not affect the product. Please refrigerate once delivered.