Gold Top Organics is proud of its organic status. We work diligently to ensure that all our products are of the highest quality possible. To ensure this, every product produced at Gold Top Organics is monitored through every process from the seeding of the grain to the final packaging of the finished item.
Each farmer that grows for Gold Top Organics is certified as an organic farming operation. They take the grain to be used as seed stock and send it for testing to ensure that it is G.M.O. (genetically modified organism) free. The grain is grown in compliance with organic regulations, i.e. no artificial pesticides or fertilizers can be used or be residual in the soil. When harvested, the seeds are taken in a certified clean transport to a local, certified organic, seed cleaning plant. The seed is again tested, to ensure there has been no G.M.O. cross-contamination. From the seed cleaner, the seed is transported in certified clean, sealed trucks to our facility, where it is augered into sealed bins for storage until processing.
Flax seed, also known as linseed, is noted to have high nutritional value. In particular, flax seeds contain a high content of alpha-linolenic fatty acids (an essential omega-3 fatty acid) and fibre. In fact, more than 70% of fat in flax is of the healthful polyunsaturated type. A unique feature of flax is the high ratio of alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) to linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acids).
Ingredients: Organic Brown Flax Seeds
Why use this product?
- Flax has a generous amount of soluble and insoluble fibres and omega-3 fatty acids.
- The whole flax seeds can add texture to baked goods.
Gold Top Organics' Brown Flax Seeds are:
- made from the highest quality organic seeds grown in Western Canada.
- free of genetically modified organism (GMO).
- of the total fat content, more than 54% is alpha- linolenic acids; an industry leader.
- gluten and trans fat free.
- manufactured in a peanut free and kosher approved facility.
How to use this product:
- sprinkle seeds over salads, baked goods, cereals, and favourite meals.
- add in yogurts, smoothies, and shakes.