Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipes provide balanced nutrition with real whole foods sourced from local farmers we know and trust. This natural, grain free formula dog food is ideal for all breeds of puppies and is specifically formulated to support healthy digestion and ensure maximum nutritional benefits with a focus on naturally nutrient rich ingredients to support overall health for all breeds of puppies.
- Deboned meat is always the first ingredient. This high quality protein helps build and maintain healthy muscle tissue, support healthy skin and coat with omega fatty acids.
- Added DHA helps support a puppy’s healthy brain development.
- Leading levels of Omega fatty acids support healthy skin and coat and packed with glucosamine and chondroitin to foster joint health.
- We use real whole foods like peas, apples and blueberries full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, plus easily digestible carbohydrates like potatoes and sweet potatoes offer the benefit of sustained energy without upsetting grain-sensitive systems.
- All Merrick recipes are crafted in our Hereford, TX kitchen and cooked in the USA, in facilities that uphold strict FDA guidelines.
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Natural Flavor, Potato Protein, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Deboned Salmon, Flaxseed Oil, Apples, Blueberries, Gelatin, Salt, Organic Dried Alfalfa Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate), Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.
- Crude protein (min.) 28%
- Crude fat (min.) 12%
- Crude fiber (max.) 4.50 %
- Moisture (max.) 11.00 %
- DHA (min.) 0.05%
- Calcium (min.) 1.2%
- Phosphorus (min.) 1%
- Omega-6 fatty acid* (min) 2.2%
- Omega-3 fatty acid* (min) 0.30%
- Glucosamine* (min) 500 mg/kg
- Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 500 mg/kg
Merrick Grain Free Puppy Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages including growth of large size dogs (70 lbs or more as an adult).
*If an item has an *, this nutrient is not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles.
|Goal Weight (lbs)||Calories Per Day||Cups Per Day (Approx)|
|3 (16-52 weeks)||222||1/2 cup|
|3 (6-16 weeks)||277||3/4 cup|
|6 (16-52 weeks)||373||1 cup|
|6 (6-16 weeks)||466||1 1/3 cups|
|10 (6-16 weeks)||684||1 3/4 cups|
|10 (16-52 weeks)||547||1 1/2 cups|
|15 (16-52 weeks)||742||2 cups|
|15 (6-16 weeks)||927||2 1/2 cups|
|20 (16-52 weeks)||921||2 1/2 cups|
|20 (6-16 weeks)||1151||3 cups|
|30 (6-16 weeks)||1560||4 cups|
|30 (16-52 weeks)||1248||3 1/3 cups|
|40 (16-52 weeks)||1548||4 cups|
|40 (6-16 weeks)||1935||5 cups|
|50 (16-52 weeks)||1830||4 3/4 cups|
|50 (6-16 weeks)||2288||6 cups|
|60 (16-52 weeks)||2099||5 1/2 cups|
|70 (16-52 weeks)||2356||6 cups|
|80 (16-52 weeks)||2604||6 3/4 cups|
Pregnant or nursing females may consume two or three times the recommended amount per day. For adult dogs, we recommend feeding 75% of the recommended amount for puppies 16-52 weeks of age.
Transitioning: Gradually mix in the new food over a 5 - 7 day period, increasing the amount of Merrick Grain Free Puppy Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe each day.
3400 kcal/kg or 381 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).