Naturtint is committed to giving you a better choice in hair products by using fewer chemicals and adding more plant ingredients. When you choose any Naturtint products, you can be confident you’re choosing a better option for your hair—and the planet, as they are 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
Healthy, Vibrant Results. The healthier your hair, the better your color! From our aftercare line to our hair coloring kits, all Naturtint products are created to help you achieve long-lasting color. Together, we can raise the standard for exceptional hair care.
Scientific Rigor. For the past 20 years, Naturtint has been at the forefront of reducing the amount of chemicals in hair color. The innovation of Naturtint’s manufacturer, Phergal Laboratories in Madrid, Spain led to a permanent ammonia-free hair color in 1994. Through Phergal’s advanced technology and strong quality management systems, Naturtint adheres to ethical manufacturing principles and strict EU (European Union) regulations.
Earth-kind Values. We’re dedicated to taking care of our planet and minimizing our carbon footprint. Naturtint products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. Our production facility filters the water used in manufacturing to reduce environmental impact. The Naturtint USA team is committed to sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices.
Cruelty Free. We’re committed to protecting earth’s inhabitants. That’s why our manufacturer Phergal never tests any products on animals. From research to manufacturing, Naturtint is completely cruelty free.
Better Ingredients. At Naturtint, we’re proud of the ingredients used in our plant enriched products. Each ingredient is carefully chosen to benefit your hair and scalp. We use minimal chemical ingredients when necessary and substitute gentler alternatives whenever possible.
Ingredients that you will never find in Naturtint products:
Ammonia is a strong-smelling chemical used to open the hair cuticles to allow for color absorption. Naturtint uses alternative ingredients to color your hair, without using ammonia.
If you suffer from gluten allergies or other gluten-intolerant conditions, rest assured that our products are gluten free! Naturtint permanent hair color contains a hydrolyzed wheat protein, but all gluten—a protein found in wheat—is removed through a distillation process*.
Artificial fragrance is like the new second-hand smoke, so Naturtint has made avoiding these chemicals easier for you. You can pamper your hair knowing that none of our products use artificial fragrances.
We know how toxic certain heavy metals can be, which is why you won’t find it in the Naturtint line. In addition, our manufacturer has taken great care to remove impurities through double osmosis water filtration before Naturtint’s products find its way into your hands.
Parabens are chemical preservatives often found in beauty products. But not to worry, we’ve opted to go paraben free in all our products.
While silicone can coat your hair to give it a shiny appearance, Naturtint has chosen to leave it out of our hair care ingredients to give you plant enriched products that truly condition.
If you follow a vegan lifestyle, you’ll be glad to know that Naturtint never uses animal products and we do not test on animals. We care about creating products that align with earth-kind values.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) & Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
If you have sensitive skin and delicate hair, rest assured that these chemical foaming agents found in many personal care products are not added to ours.
* As always, we strongly recommend that you do the sensitivity test before use to ensure Naturtint is right for you
Any cosmetic product can cause an unexpected allergic reaction, and for this reason, a skin sensitivity test must be carried out before each and every use, 48 hours before coloring your hair, even if you are a regular user of hair dyes. If your scalp is irritated, or you have damaged or broken skin, do not complete the skin sensitivity test and do not color your hair until your scalp is fully healed.
HOW TO PERFORM A SKIN SENSITIVITY TEST:
- Remove any earrings. Cleanse a small area (1-2cm) of skin behind your ear and dry gently.
- Put on the gloves provided and carefully unscrew the caps from the Colorant and the Color Developer bottles.
- Using plastic utensils, mix only a small amount in equal measures of the Colorant and the Color Developer in a separate plastic bowl until totally blended (do not use metal or ceramic), reseal both bottles immediately to preserve the unmixed contents for full application.
- Using a cotton swab, apply the mixture to the cleansed area behind your ear and allow it to dry.
- Then apply two more layers, each time allowing the areas to dry in between.
- Leave the test mixture on the skin for at least 48 hours without washing, covering, or touching the test area.
- If you experience any signs of a reaction, such as swelling, redness, blistering, rash, or itching in or around the test area, you are sensitive to one or more of the ingredients in the formula, rinse immediately and do not use this product on your hair. You should follow up with a medical professional in order to determine what you may be allergic to.
Your final color results will depend on the color, thickness and overall condition of your hair. To ensure that you will be pleased with your Naturtint color, we advise you to carry out a color strand test to identify your expected final color result and the development time required to achieve it.
HOW TO PERFORM A COLOR STRAND TEST:
- Put on the gloves provided, carefully unscrew the caps from Colorant & the Color Developer bottles. With plastic utensils (never use metal or ceramic) mix small equal measures separately in a plastic or glass bowl.
- Secure a lock of hair, about an inch in length, and apply your mixture. If you have gray hair you should test this type of hair as well. In most cases, rinse hair being tested after 30 minutes.
- In the case of stubborn gray, or to achieve a more intense color, leave the mixture on for another 5-10 minutes.
- Gently dry the section(s) of hair to reveal your color result, remembering to take a note of your hair’s specific development time.
COLOR STRAND TEST RESULTS:
- If the color result is too dark, reduce the development time for your full coloring process.
- If the gray coverage is insufficient, increase the development time to a maximum of 40 minutes.
- If the color result is too light, we recommend that you choose a darker shade
Ensure your hair is dry and clean, as styling products can affect your final color result. We recommend coloring your hair a day after shampooing, to allow some of the scalp’s natural oils to be produced.
We recommend having old towels on hand for spills, preventing stains, etc. You may also need plastic hair clips for sectioning your hair, or a plastic bowl and brush for root touch-ups.
Comb your hair before application.
Always wear gloves and ensure that you have any other supplies you may need.
- Protect your shoulders with a towel to prevent accidental staining of your clothes. You may also wish to protect the immediate surrounding area, especially any carpets or fabric as permanent staining may occur if color mixture is accidentally spilled.
- Put on the gloves provided and keep them on during the entire coloring process.
- Unscrew the caps of both the Colorant and the Color Developer. Pour the total contents of Colorant into the Color Developer bottle and replace the applicator cap.
- Shake the Applicator Bottle well for two minutes until the mixture is completely blended.
- If you are using the Applicator Bottle to make the mixture, IMMEDIATELY unscrew the tip of the lid and proceed to Step 2.
Full Head/First Time Color
- Using gloved hands, first apply the mixture to your roots, using the tip of the applicator bottle to part your hair into small sections.
- Immediately massage the remaining mixture through the rest of your hair, to ensure the colorant is evenly spread.
- Leave on to develop for 30 minutes.
Short Hair/Roots Only
- Using gloved hands, pour your required amount of colorant and developer into a plastic bowl and mix with a brush for 2 minutes until totally blended. Apply enough mixture to cover your roots using the brush.
- Massage the mixture into your roots and leave to develop for 20 minutes (30 minutes if you have stubborn gray).
- Then, using gloved hands, massage the remaining mixture throughout the rest of your hair and leave for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- To achieve a more intense color, or to cover stubborn grays, increase the development time on your roots to a maximum of 40 minutes.
- Rinse: once you have reached your desired development time, using gloves, gently message your hair while thoroughly rinsing it with warm water until the water runs completely clear.
- Cleanse: Apply Naturtint Color Fixing Shampoo to gently cleanse and moisturize your hair, returning it to its natural pH balance. Gently massage into a lather. Rinse and repeat. Leave for one minute and rinse thoroughly.
- Condition: Gently squeeze excess moisture from your hair. Then apply Naturtint Protective Conditioner to help detangle your hair, and boost shine. Gently massage through from the roots to the tips. Leave for 2-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Perfect: Towel dry your hair. Apply a small amount of Naturtint CC Cream. Gently massage the cream throughout the length of the hair, concentrating on the ends, then comb through. Dry and style as normal. No need to rinse.
Naturtint is a permanent hair color product. How long it lasts will depend on your hair’s condition and how you care for it.
Typically, you might see fading after about 3–5 weeks. But other factors can cause your hair to fade sooner. Those with dry or porous hair might notice color fading faster. If you used a red color, it might fade sooner than other colors.
To delay color fading, try these tips:
- Keep your hair well-conditioned. Deep conditioning treatments improve your hair’s condition.
- Wash with a color-safe, PH-balanced shampoo and conditioner.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. (Hot water opens hair cuticles, allowing color to release easier.)
For best results, wait 2–3 weeks between coloring treatments.