Probiotic Powder for Toddlers to Teens is a shelf-stable, family friendly, multi-species and multi-strain powdered probiotic formula. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria or live microorganisms, that work by colonizing the small and large intestines. They inhibit the growth and activity of harmful organisms. Research shows that certain strains of probiotics can be helpful for restoring a healthy gut flora after the use of antibiotics and in diarrhea cases. Orange Naturals probiotic powder is formulated with species naturally found in the human intestinal microflora and frequently documented in the research for their therapeutic action.
Benefits of Probiotics:
- Helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora
- Support a healthy intestinal tract
- Reduce the risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea
Orange Naturals Probiotic Powder for Toddlers to Teens Features:
- Eight predominant probiotic species specially formulated for the growing needs of infants, children and adolescents.
- Contains the three species kids need most Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium longum
- Shelf stable, easy to take on trips as no refrigeration is needed
- Optimal levels of each species to foster healthy gut flora
- Powder for easy of use – just add to water, juice or smoothies
Each 1/4 teaspoon contains:
- L.rhamnosus 1.194 billion CFU
- L.plantarum 0.780 billion CFU
- B.longum 0.300 billion CFU
- L.acidophilus 0.300 billion CFU
- B.breve 0.120 billion CFU
- B.bifidum 0.102 billion CFU
- B.infantis 0.102 billion CFU
- L.helveticus 0.102 billion CFU
Total: 3 billion CFU minimum
Recommended Use: Temporarily modifies intestinal flora.
Age 1-2 yrs: 3 billion CFU (1/4 tsp)
Age 3-5 yrs: 6 billion CFU (1/4 tsp bid)
Age 6-11 yrs: 9 billion CFU (1/4 tsp tid)
Age 12 +yrs: 12 billion CFU (1/2 tsp bid)
Take at least 2-3 hours before or after antibiotics.
Caution: Do not use if your child is experiencing nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea, or severe abdominal pain, or if your child has an immune-compromised condition, such as AIDS, and are undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment. This product has come into contact with milk and soy. Do not use if allergic to dairy or soy products. Do not use if safety seal under cap is broken. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset, such as diarrhoea, occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days.