Cacao was once so revered by the Mayans and the Aztecs that it was used as currency. Flavored with chilies, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices, the beans were traditionally ground into a paste to make delicious chocolate dishes and ceremonial drinks. A true superfood, cacao powder is a good source of Magnesium, Iron and Zinc and a very high source of Fiber. Cacao also contains essential minerals and a host of antioxidants giving it an ORAC value of 11,000 per 1 heaping tablespoon 20 gram serving. While most Cacao nibs are roasted, Organic Traditions Cacao nibs are raw with no added flavors or additives. The nibs are then pressed into a paste and the Cacao’s fat content is removed, yielding delicious Cacao powder. While many other cacao powders have added sugar, Organic Traditions is pure, rich cacao powder in its natural state with no added flavorings or sweeteners.
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• An excellent source of Magnesium
• A very high source of Fiber
• A good source of Zinc
• Contains essential minerals and a host of antioxidants
• ORAC value of 11, 000 per 1 tbsp. 20 gram serving
• No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients. Compounds Chromium Magnesium Pantothenic Acid (B5) Thiamine Flavonoids Caffeic Acid Catechins (e.g., (−)-epicatechin, (+)-catechin, (+)-gallocatechin, and (−)-epigallocatechin) Anthocyanins (e.g., cyanidin-3-(alpha)a-L-arabinoside and cyanidin-3- (beta)b-D-galactoside), and proanthocyanidins (e.g., flavan-3,4-diols) Ferulic Acid P-Coumeric Acid Phospholipids Tryptophan Phenylethylamine Anandamide.
Use 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Cacao powder in all smoothies, desserts, on top of yogurt, berries, for baking or in any other recipe.
Make your own artisanal chocolate bars using other Organic Traditions superfoods such as Maca X-6, Goji berries, Aronia berries, Maqui powder and Vanilla powder.
Combine Organic Traditions Cacao Powder, Cacao butter and Cacao paste at roughly equal ratios to achieve the desired consistency and thickness and slowly melt under low temperatures.
Add any Organic Traditions superfoods of your choice and an Organic Traditions sweetener such as Organic Traditions Yacon Syrup or Coconut Palm Sugar, spices and pink Himalayan salt. Place into a mold or an ice cube tray and refrigerate until solid.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Cacao powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant rich smoothie.
Certified Organic Cacao Powder (Theobroma Cacao).