Camu Camu Berry is a traditional superfruit prized by the indigenous people of the Amazon. These berries are nature’s richest source of whole food Vitamin C in addition to other antioxidants such as anthocyanins, flavonols and ellagic acid. The concentration of antioxidants gives Camu Camu an incredibly high ORAC value of 3,000 per 1 tsp. 5 gram serving. The ORAC value is a measurement of the antioxidant capacity of different foods.
A 20:1 Concentration With A Proprietary Cold Drying Process Not all Camu Camu powders are the same. Many Camu Camu powders are ground up Camu Camu spray dried onto maltodexrin as a carrier or spiked with ascorbic acid. Organic Traditions offers the highest quality, purest Camu Camu available in the most concentrated form.
30 pounds of fresh Camu Camu berries make one pound of finished Camu Camu powder. One tsp. of powder provides approximately 7 times the RDI of Vitamin C or 500mg of whole food Vitamin C, while one capsule of Natural Traditions Camu C provides 55-100mg of whole food Vitamin C. A cold drying process is used so as not to degrade the delicate antioxidants found in the berry. There are no fillers, maltodextrin, ascorbic acid or sweeteners added, just pure concentrated Camu Camu!
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free. Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Wild-crafted, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Raw
• An excellent source of whole food Vitamin C and a host of antioxidants
• Vitamin C helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth, gums and helps in connective tissue formation and wound healing
• Vitamin C helps the body to metabolize fats and proteins
• ORAC value of 3,000 per 1 tsp. 5 gram serving
• 1 teaspoon provides 500 mg+ of Vitamin C while one Camu C capsule provides 55- 100mg of Vitamin C
• No fillers, flavors, binders, sweeteners, excipients or ascorbic acid added. Compounds Potassium Magnesium Manganese Zinc Ascorbic acid Carotenoids Lutein Beta-carotene Violaxanthin Luteoxanthin Anthocyanins Cyanidin-3-glucoside Delphinidin-3-glucoside Ellagic acid Quercetin.
Use 1-3 teaspoons per day. Add Organic Traditions 30:1 Camu Camu Powder to water, coconut water, your favorite juices, smoothies, raw desserts, truffles, power bars, snacks, cereals, yogurt and more.
Add 1 teaspoon of Camu Camu Powder to 8 oz. of plain water with 1 tsp. of Organic Traditions Yacon Syrup to make a simple, refreshing lemonade. As there are no binders or excipients added, contents may settle so stir while drinking if mixing it with water or juice.
Add 1-3 teaspoons of Organic Traditions Camu Camu powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant rich smoothie.
Certified Organic Camu Camu Powder (Myrciaria Dubia).