Organic Traditions Freeze Dried Acai Berry Powder offers a high orac, low glycemic, sugar-free superfruit and offers a source of fiber. Organic Traditions Freeze Dried Acai Berry can be used for smoothies, energy drinks, desserts, and more!
- Gluten Free
Ingredients: Acai Berry Powder
Acai (ah-sigh-ee), the fruit that's making believers of world-class athletes and health-conscious people everywhere, is grown in the Amazon rainforest, acai is truly a gift from Mother Nature. It has a rich, berry-cocoa flavor that makes it taste amazing, and its packed with more antioxidants than blueberries or pomegranates, plus loads of healthy Omega fats, protein and dietary fiber.
Not all Acai Powders are the same. Organic Traditions Acai powder is made from a proprietary gentle evaporation process to ensure optimal nutrient, enzyme and antioxidant integrity not to mention an incredible, intense acai berry taste. This process ensures that the delicate antioxidants and healthy fats found in the berry are not degraded. There are no fillers, flavors, maltodextrin, binders or sweeteners added, just pure concentrated Acai with the richest, freshest taste!
Suggested uses: Add 1-3 teaspoons of Organic Traditions Acai powder to water, coconut water, your favorite juice or to smoothies. Mix the powder with yogurt, fresh berries and cereal or make delicious, healthy raw desserts. Add 1-3 teaspoons of Organic Traditions Acai powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant rich smoothie.
Here's to your health.
So what makes antioxidants and Omega fats so important? Studies have shown how the French and Mediterranean diets, rich in red wine and olive oil, help maintain heart, body, brain and skin. Organic acai combines the best of both diets with 10x the antioxidants of red wine, and an essential fatty acid profile similar to olive oil. Organic Traditions Acai is a potent combination your body shouldn't go without.
Açaí pulp contains:
• A remarkable concentration of antioxidants, to help combat premature aging, with 10 times the anthocyanins (purple colored antioxidants) of red wine.
• A synergy of monounsaturated (healthy) fats, dietary fiber and phytosterols, to help promote cardiovascular system and digestive tract health.
• An almost perfect essential amino acid complex in conjunction with valuable trace minerals, vital to proper muscle contraction and regeneration.
Açaí is a dense source of particular class of flavonoids called anthocyanins (red-blue phenols with potent antioxidant properties)
• Anthocyanins are a group of phytochemicals in red wine thought to contribute to the French paradox, i.e. France has one of the lowest incidences of heart disease of any westernized society despite a prevalence of smoking and a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Açaí pulp contains 10 times the anthocyanins of red wine per equal volume.
• The primary anthocyanin in Açaí is cyanidin-3 glucoside. Cyanidin-3-glucoside has been found to be 3.5 times stronger than Trolox (vitamin E analogue) and the predominate anthocyanin found in red wine (malvadin-3-glucoside) in an ORAC analysis (measure of antioxidant capacity).
• Anthocyanins have been found to “exhibit numerous potential therapeutic effects including treatment of diabetic retinopathy and fibrocystic disease of the breast in human”. "Other potential physiological effects of anthocyanins include radiation-protective, chemoprotective, vasoprotective and anti-inflammatory agents”.
Açaí is a good source of:
Essential Fatty acids -- to aid in the transport and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins i.e. Vitamins A, E, D, and K (3).
• The fatty acid ratio of açaí resembles that of olive oil, which is thought to be a contributing factor to the low incidence of heart disease in Mediterranean populations.
• 60% Oleic (Omega 9) a monounsaturated, essential fatty acid, helps lower LDL (harmful cholesterol) while maintaining HDL (beneficial cholesterol) levels.
• 12% Linoleic (Omega 6) a polyunsaturated, essential fatty acid, has been found to lower both LDL and HDL levels.
Fiber – to promote a healthy digestive system
• 1 gram of dietary fiber in one serving of Organic Traditions Açaí.
• Fiber helps to support a healthy digestive system. Low fiber in the American diet is thought to be a contributing factor to the high incidence of cancer and heart disease. Soluble fibers may help lower blood cholesterol; insoluble fibers are thought to help reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancers.
• Sterols are components of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits to the human body, namely the reduction of blood plasma cholesterol.
• Sterols are currently being used to treat symptoms associated with BPH (benign prostate hyperplasia).
• Preliminary evidence suggests that beta-sitosterol (the predominant sterol in Acai) may help prevent immune weakness resulting from severe physical stress.