Flax seeds have been used as a staple food for thousands of years by many cultures. Sprouted Flax seeds are a source of Calcium and Iron, a high source of Fiber and provide 3 grams of Omega-3 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. These activated sprouted seeds deliver more nutrients per gram when compared to raw, non-sprouted flax seeds.
The sprouting process improves digestibility and allows for a greater absorption of nutrients. Enzyme inhibitors are eliminated and anti-nutritive compounds such as phytic acid are reduced. The sprouting process not only dramatically increases vitamins and minerals in the seed, it also doubles the antioxidant score (ORAC) making Sprouted Flax not only a nutritional powerhouse, but also more shelf stable than raw Flax seeds.
Sprouted Flax Seeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids, bio-available essential vitamins and minerals, an impressive host of antioxidants, giving them an ORAC value of 800 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving as well as lignans, which are unique compounds that have been shown to provide numerous health benefits. Simply add Organic Traditions Sprouted Flax powder to everything you eat to reduce the glycemic load of any recipe. This sprouted and cold-milled powder is a fast and simple way to enhance your daily diet with an extra boost of dense superfood nutrition.
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free. Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Sprouted
• A source of Calcium, Iron and Vitamin E • A high source of Fiber with 5 grams per serving
• A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega-3 with 3 grams per serving
• A delicious addition to smoothies and all other recipes
• Beyond Raw - Bio-transformed from a raw, dormant seed into a living food
• Sprouted and cold milled into a convenient powder that is ready to use • ORAC score of 800 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving
• Extremely Shelf Stable due to an increase in antioxidants
• No added flavors, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings. Compounds α-linolenic acid (ALA) Lignans Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside – SDG
Add 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Sprouted Flax powder to water, coconut water, your favorite juice, smoothies, desserts, yogurt, cereal, berries or on top of salads. Make puddings, sauces and dressings. Sprouted Flax powder remains stable even when incorporated into soups, oatmeal and baked goods. Take up to 5 tablespoons of Sprouted Flax powder per day. Be sure to drink adequate water.
The slightly nutty, neutral taste of Sprouted Flax powder will nutritionally enhance all meals without altering the original flavor. Use it as a flour substitute or as a natural thickening agent. Add 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Sprouted Flax powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant rich smoothie.
Certified Organic Sprouted Flax Powder (Linum Usitatissimum).