Sprouted Chia Seeds are a source of Calcium and Iron, a high source of Fiber and provide 3 grams of Omega-3 per 1 tablespoon 15 gram serving. These activated sprouted seeds deliver more nutrients per gram when compared to raw, non-sprouted chia seeds. The sprouting process improves digestibility and allows for a greater absorption of nutrients. Enzyme inhibitors are eliminated and anti-nutritive compounds such as phytic acid are reduced. The sprouting process not only dramatically increases vitamins and minerals in the seed, it also doubles the antioxidant score (ORAC) making Sprouted Chia not only a nutritional powerhouse, but also more shelf stable than raw Chia seeds.
Sprouted Chia Seeds contain bio-available protein, essential vitamins and minerals and an impressive host of antioxidants, giving them an ORAC value of 2,500 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving. Aztec warriors would consume a mixture of chia and water during hunting trips to ensure stamina and endurance. Simply add Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia powder to everything you eat to reduce the glycemic load of any recipe. This sprouted and coldmilled powder is a fast and simple way to enhance your daily diet with an extra boost of dense superfood nutrition.
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free. Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Sprouted
• A source of Calcium and Iron
• A high source of Fiber with 5 grams per serving
• A vegetarian source of beneficial Omega-3 with 3 grams per serving
• A delicious addition to smoothies and all other recipes • Beyond Raw - Bio-transformed from a raw, dormant seed into a living food
• Sprouted and cold milled into a convenient powder that is ready to use
• ORAC score of 2,500 per 1 heaping tablespoon 15 gram serving • Extremely Shelf Stable due to an increase in antioxidants
• No added Flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings. Compounds α-linolenic acid (ALA) Protein Fibre Chlorogenic Acid Caffeic Acid Myricetin Quercetin Kaempferol.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia powder to water, coconut water, your favorite juice, smoothies, desserts, yogurt, cereal, berries or on top of salads. Make puddings, sauces and dressings. Sprouted Chia powder remains stable even when incorporated into soups, oatmeal and baked goods. Take up to 5 tablespoons of Sprouted Chia powder per day. Be sure to drink adequate water.
Chia’s neutral taste will nutritionally enhance all meals without altering the original Flavour. Use it as a flour substitute or as a natural thickening agent. Vegetarians can even use it as an egg replacement by creating a gel. Simply combine 2 tablespoons of chia to 1 cup of cold water. A ½ cup of gel replaces roughly one egg. Add 1-2 tablespoons of Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia powder to your favorite smoothie recipe to create a nourishing, antioxidant rich smoothie.
Sprouted Chia Seed Powder (Salvia Hispanica).