A revered crop since the Incas, Quinoa is one of nature’s most nourishing superfoods. Native to the Andean regions of Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador, this ancient seed is a nutrient dense, gluten-free alternative to grains. Although referred to as the “mother of all grains” according to the Incas, it is technically not classified as a true grain or cereal from the grass family, but is related to foods such as spinach and beets. Sprouted Quinoa is not only an incredibly nutritious superfood, it is delicious to eat and easy to digest.
The sprouting process improves digestibility and allows for a greater absorption of nutrients. Enzyme inhibitors are eliminated and anti-nutritive compounds such as phytic acid are reduced. The sprouting process increases vitamins and minerals in Quinoa providing greater bio-available nutrition when compared to non-sprouted Quinoa. Low temperature air-drying ensures that the vital enzymes and nutrients stay in tact.
The result is the most digestible, nourishing superfood that will keep you satisfied and strong. One 50 gram serving size provides 7 grams of protein, along with Fiber and Iron. Sprouted Quinoa is an indispensible superfood for those on a gluten-free diet and is a fast and simple way to enhance your daily diet with an extra boost of dense superfood nutrition.
Produced in a facility that packages tree nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts and Cashews). The facility is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and peanut free.
Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dry, dark place.
Key Features and Benefits
• Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Sprouted
• A source of Iron and Fiber
• One serving provides 7 grams of vegetarian protein
• Beyond Raw - Bio-transformed into a living food
• Easy to digest; vitamins and minerals are more bio-available due to the sprouting process
• No washing, rinsing or soaking required, ready to use raw or cooked
• Cooks within 10 minutes
• A delicious addition to any meal or add to soups and salads
• Great for savory dishes as well as a hot or cold breakfast cereal or porridge
• No added Flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers, excipients, oils or coatings. Compounds Vitamin A Vitamin E B Vitamins Folic Acid Amino acids: Lysine, Methionine Fiber Calcium Zinc Phenolic Compounds Flavonoids Quercetin Kaempferol.
Organic Traditions Sprouted Quinoa is so easy to use for it does not require the pre-rinsing and soaking that is needed when the seed is not germinated.
Simply boil 1 cup of water. Add 1 cup of Sprouted Quinoa (1 to 1 ratio of water to quinoa), reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. It is delicious on its own with 1 tablespoon of Organic Traditions Raw Coconut Oil or a drizzle of Organic Traditions Ice-Pressed™ Olive Oil with some of your favorite spices.
Add Organic Traditions Sprouted Quinoa to salads, wraps, stir-fries, stews, curries and soups.
Make a nourishing alternative to cereals, porridges and oatmeal in the morning by adding Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia or Flax powder, Organic Traditions Goji berries, Organic Traditions Golden berries, Organic Traditions Vanilla powder, one teaspoon of Organic Traditions Yacon Syrup or Organic Traditions Coconut palm sugar to sweeten.
Organic Traditions Sprouted Quinoa also makes a great flour substitute. Simply pulse the sprouted seeds in a coffee grinder to make fluffy gluten-free flour.
Certified Organic Sprouted Quinoa (Chenopodium Quinoa).